This qualification is designed to provide the underpinning knowledge to support those in leadership and management roles. It may also prepare the learner to progress to a qualification in another subject area.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of leadership and management to support different occupational areas.
- provide learners with the skills they need to operate as a successful manager.
- allow learners to develop knowledge and understanding in a range of areas relevant to managerial roles, such as managing resources and budgets, recruitment and selection, and stakeholder engagement.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and In- class learning. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access LCPS online portal ( 24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
NCFE / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 09 Months
- 12 Months
- Blended Learning
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they have already achieved a Level 3 qualification.
And learners should be aged 18.
To be awarded the Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units and a minimum of 3 optional units.
|Unit No||Unit title|
|Unit 01||Principles of building respectful and productive working relationships in organisations|
|Unit 02||Managing personal and professional development|
|Unit 03||Principles of management and leadership in organisations|
|Unit 04||Operational and human resource planning and management|
|Unit No||Unit title|
|Unit 05||Business performance measurement and improvement|
|Unit 06||Corporate social responsibility and sustainability|
|Unit 07||Budget management|
|Unit 08||Understanding organisational structure, culture, and values|
|Unit 09||Staff recruitment and selection|
|Unit 10||Principles of business strategic planning and development|
|Unit 11||Stakeholder engagement and management|
|Unit 12||Principles of innovation and change management|
|Unit 13||Understand the legal context of business|
|Unit 14||Principles of project management|
|Unit 15||Principles of quality management|
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Management
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Customer Service
This qualification aims to provide learners with a number of progression options, including higher level studies at university or FE colleges.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners aged 18 and above who want to progress into employment in the first instance, or further learning, depending on their own needs and interests.
Which type of job roles can learners apply for on completion?
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- an appreciation for appropriate behavior and dress
- appropriate interpersonal skills
- communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors
- supporting other aspiring employees
- personal manners and deportment
- understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation.