OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required by a middle or senior manager in an organisation, and who may be involved in managing organisational logistics and supply chain.
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma of this course will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem-solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and we also provide students with the LCPS online portal where they can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (OTHM)
The programme is delivered in 2 methods:
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
|Unit Ref. No.||Unit title||Credit|
|F/617/6088||Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management||20|
|J/617/6089||International Logistics Management||20|
|J/617/6092||Supply Chain Planning and Control||20|
Successful completion of the Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification will provide learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 7 Diplomas. The Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind.
Depending on which part of the supply chain you’re in, your day-to-day tasks may include:
- working with procurement managers and buyers to select products that are in demand and will sell
- negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
- planning the best way to get goods from suppliers to distribution centres and retailers
- tracking shipments and stock levels using computer software
- looking at ways to improve supply chain networks
- monitoring overall performance to make sure targets are met
- preparing forecasts and inventories
Assessment is via assignment submission.