The Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management and Leadership is designed to recognize skills and knowledge in management and leadership, allowing learners to apply knowledge and skill to the national standard required by employers and proving competence in their role.
This qualification is suitable for team leaders and junior managers across a wide variety of work areas, in both the public and private sectors. This qualification will allow learners to develop management, leadership, and employability skills, all of which are essential for the workplace.
This qualification offers a wide range of optional units covering different aspects of management and leadership and supporting the learner’s development depending on their interests and requirements.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access LCPS online portal (24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
NCFE / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 09 Months
- 12 Months
- Blended Learning
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they have already achieved a Level 4 qualification.
And learners should be aged 18 and above.
To be awarded the Level 5 Diploma in Principles of Management learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits:
- a total of 10 credits from the mandatory unit in Group A
- a minimum of 30 credits from the optional units in Group B.
- At least 35 credits must be at or above Level 5.
|Unit No||Unit title||Credit||Level|
|Unit 01||Principles of management and leadership||10||5|
|Unit No||Unit title||Credit||Level|
|Unit 02||Management of change||5||5|
|Unit 03||Management activities||10||5|
|Unit 04||Developing successful business teams||5||5|
|Unit 05||Personal development||5||5|
|Unit 06||Recruitment and selection||5||5|
|Unit 07||Financial awareness for managers||5||5|
|Unit 08||Marketing principles for managers||5||5|
|Unit 09||Management decision making||10||5|
|Unit 10||Leadership in your organisation||5||5|
|Unit 11||Managing staff performance||5||5|
|Unit 12||Customer relationship management||5||5|
|Unit 13||Managing projects||10||5|
|Unit 14||Managing budgets||5||5|
|Unit 15||Quality management in an organisation||5||6|
|Unit 16||Principles of strategic management||5||6|
|Unit 17||Managing innovation in an organisation||5||6|
|Unit 18||Managing communications at work||5||4|
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- CMI Level 6 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Pearson Edexcel Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Learners can also progress into or within employment upon successful completion of this qualification.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed for learners aged 18 and above who want to progress into employment in the first instance, or further learning, depending on their own needs and interests.
Which type of job roles can learners apply for on completion?
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to-measure skills such as:
- Employment within a senior Administrative/Business Support role