If you already hold an HND or foundation degree in a Computing subject or international equivalent qualification, top it up to a full Computing and IT BSc degree in one year with this online course. Gaining a full bachelor’s degree can improve your career prospects, strengthen your CV and allow you to move onto a master’s degree at a later date, should you wish to study BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technologies (Top-Up) (Online) (University of Derby).
Developed by leading specialists, The University of Derby newly updated Computing and Information Technologies (Top-Up) BSc (Hons) degree has been designed around diverse cutting-edge issues, events, and digital developments.
If you do not have the qualification which you have 240 credits then LCPS can offer you to study Diploma 4 and 5 in Information Technology will progress to Derby University Bsc in IT Top-up.
- Contemporary, updated degree from a recognised UK university
- Three start dates a year (September, January and May)
Choice of seven optional modules, allowing you to tailor the course to meet your own interests, including key emerging areas
-Network Management and Security,
-and Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking
- Study at your own pace, part-time online using a virtual classroom environment, supported throughout by a team of academic professionals
- Engagement in a vibrant learning community, building your network of likeminded individuals within the UK and around the world
- Guest speakers from industry
- The course can be completed within one year
The course focuses particularly on gaining confidence and skills in:
- Problem-solving – critical understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories, appraising technical, environmental, and social issues
- Completing incisive research, analysis, and reporting
- Formulating an ethical position in relation to the development, manufacture, proliferation, and disposal of digital systems
- Designing, documenting, and testing computer programmes and/or hardware
- Critically evaluating and advising on emerging technologies
- Working effectively within a team and communicating with others
This online qualification will set you on a positive path to successfully furthering your career.
12 to 14 Months
The programme is delivered:
You need to have one of the following:
- HND or foundation degree in a Computing subject from a UK university – or international equivalent recognised by NARIC (National Recognition Information Centre)
- When you apply, please send us a transcript of the modules you’ve already studied. This means we can make sure your HND or foundation degree is compatible with this top-up qualification.
- Computing Technologies in Society
- Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking: An Introduction
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Applications and Web Services
- Internet of Things: An Introduction
- Internet of Things: An Introduction
Teaching Methods and Style
This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work and practical reports
This programme is designed for those who wish to advance their knowledge and understanding of important aspects of Computing and Information Technologies in order to enhance career opportunities or to prepare themselves for postgraduate research. It will provide you with highly transferable subject, academic and practical skills which are widely sought by today’s Computing and Information Technologies employers.
LCPS working in partnership with Derby University for recruitment only The BSC Computing and Information Technologies programme offered and delivered by Derby University
If you have any questions and want to know the fees please email us or call us or apply here