This BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance (Top-Up) (Online) (University of Derby) top-up degree will give you a thorough understanding of Accounting and Business concepts. It is ideal if you want to go on to be a professional accountant or work within the financial services sector. However, having a good understanding of Accounting and Finance is an advantage in any profession today. Study BA Hons Accounting and Finance. So, even if you don’t want to work in financial services, you will find this online top-up degree valuable.
The University of Derby’s teaching staff are all professionally qualified and have industry as well as academic experience. They also teach professional body courses, such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), which means they understand the most current professional standards. That’s important because you need to be sure that what you’ll learn is up to date and relevant to today’s business world.
12 to 14 Months
The programme is delivered:
You need to have one of the following qualifications:
- HND or Foundation Degree in Accounting or Finance or international equivalent
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) F1-F6 or ACCA F1-F5 and F7
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Advanced Diploma
- ABE (Association of Business Executives) Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
- IBAM (Institute of Business Administration and Management) Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
OTHM Level 4 & 5 In Accounting 240 credit
If you do not hold one of the above Accounting or Finance qualifications, but have a HND or foundation degree in Business or equivalent overseas qualification, you may be eligible to apply for our BSc (Hons) Management Accounting (top up) degree as an alternative
- Financial Strategy 20 credits
- Independent Study 40 credits
- Management Accounting – Performance Evaluation 20 credits
- Contemporary Reporting Issues 20 credits
- Financial Reporting (non-exam route) 20 credits
- Financial Statement Analysis 20 credits
Teaching Methods and Style
Investing and Financial Market Behaviour 20 credits. This course is assessed through 100% coursework with a range of methods, such as essays, research reports, presentations, group work, and practical reports.
The University of Derby has designed the degree to help you get maximum exemptions from a range of professional qualifications. This shortens the time required for you to become a fully qualified member of your chosen professional body.
There is always a demand for accounting graduates
Derby past students have gone on to work for local public practices, multinational accounting firms and taken up accounting careers in merchant banks and other large businesses. As an accountant, you will have the opportunity to work in many diverse fields, anywhere in the world.
LCPS working in partnership with the University of Derby for recruitment only The BA Hons Accounting and Finance offered and delivered by Derby University
If you have any questions and want to know the fees please email us or call us or apply here