The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to enable learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry, with a lifelong-learning orientation. It enables learners to critically apply contemporary knowledge and theories to the management of complex problems. Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the specialist skills and technical terminology to develop their management skills and to progress to further study or employment. Tourism and Hospitality Management
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- use management techniques and practices in imaginative ways;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
London College of Professional Studies provide various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to interact with tutors and also we do provide our student LCPS online portal where student can see all the study notes, assignments briefing and online library.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 6 Month
- 9 Month
This programme is accredited by Ofqual Awarding body (Othm)
- Blended Learning
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Diploma or equivalent
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
The Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
|Unit Ref. No.||Mandatory unit title||Credit||GLH||TQT|
|F/616/2966||Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality||20||80||200|
|R/616/2969||Customer Relations Management||20||80||200|
|D/616/2974||Human Resource Management||20||80||200|
Successful completion of Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management.
Learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
Assessment is via assignment submission