This is a cross-sector qualification aimed at current and prospective team leaders. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge needed to be a successful team leader, covering competencies applicable to a wide range of contexts.
Aims and objectives of this qualification
This qualification aims to:
- provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to successfully lead a team
- develop learners’ skills in communication, leadership and personal performance management
- build learners’ knowledge of the principles of team leading, as well as their understanding of business.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- develop team leading skills that can be relied upon by employers in a range of industries
- provide learners with the skills and knowledge needed to communicate with a range of stakeholders at different levels.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning, and In-class learning. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience.
Learners are able to:
- Access All course materials, including online modules and written assignments
- Gain Teacher support
- Access LCPS online portal ( 24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Acquire Assignments briefing
- Receive Excellent quality of study notes
- Obtain Assignment marking and feedback
- Access Free Online library.
- Gain Fully accredited UK courses
- Receive Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email (Monday to Friday)
- Gain Full support until the completion of the course
NCFE / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 06 Months
- 12 Months
- Blended Learning
This qualification is designed for learners aged 16 and above who are working in or looking to work in a team leading role or similar.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
However, learners may find it helpful if they have already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading, learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits.
- 22 credits from the mandatory units in Group A
- a minimum of 12 credits from Group B
- the remaining credits can be taken from either Group B or C.
|·||Unit 01||Manage personal performance and development (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 02||Communicate work-related information (4 credits)*|
|Lead and manage a team (5 credits)* Principles of team leading (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 05||Understand business (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 06||Develop working relationships with colleagues (3 credits)*|
|·||Unit 07||Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace (2 credits)|
|·||Unit 08||Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 09||Manage team performance (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 10||Manage individuals’ performance (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 11||Chair and lead meetings (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 12||Manage conflict within a team (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 13||Procure products and/or services (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 14||Collaborate with other departments (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 15||Participate in a project (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 16||Encourage innovation (4 credits)|
|·||Unit 17||Contribute to meetings in a business environment (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 18||Health and safety procedures in the workplace (2 credits)*|
|Store and retrieve information (4 credits)* Handle mail (3 credits)*|
|Employee rights and responsibilities (2 credits) Deliver customer service (5 credits)|
|·||Unit 23||Understand customers (2 credits)|
|·||Unit 24||Resolve customer service problems (5 credits)|
|Negotiate in a business environment (4 credits) Develop a presentation (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 27||Deliver a presentation (3 credits)|
|·||Unit 28||Resolve customers’ complaints (4 credits)|
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Management
NCFE Levels 2 and 3 in Business Administration
NCFE Levels 2 and 3 in Customer Service
For further details of these and other qualifications available in this sector see the Register of Regulated Qualifications (http://register.ofqual.gov.uk).
Who is this qualification designed for?
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
This is a cross-sector qualification aimed at team leaders across a wide variety of commercial and public sector areas; it recognises
- the skills and competences of learners in the workplace
- provides learners with the opportunity to demonstrate the skills and
- knowledge needed for a career in management and leadership.
What could this qualification lead to?
This qualification could lead to a range of different job roles such as:
- team leader
- team manager
Who supports the qualification?
This qualification is supported by employers from across a range of industries.