The Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education prepares learners to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education and then on to the Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator). It provides learners with knowledge of children from birth to 7 years.
Please see the Points/grade calculator for details of the UCAS Tariff points awarded for this qualification.
London College of Professional Studies provides various flexible delivery methods to its learners which include blended learning, online learning, distance learning, and in class. The learners can choose the mode of study as per their choice and convenience. Learners are able to:
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Teacher support
- LCPS online portal ( 24/7 access to our user-friendly learning portal)
- Assignments briefing
- Excellent quality of study notes
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Online library.
- Fully accredited UK courses
- Dedicated customer support via chat, telephone, and email ( Monday to Friday)
- Proper support to our students until they completed the course.
Ncfe / Cache Ofqual regulated awarding bodies
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
- 04 Months
- 08 Months
- Blended Learning
Learners must be at least 16 years old.
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English grade C or above. You will need to have a placement in an early years setting in mainland England with support from a workplace mentor.
In order to achieve the Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education, learners must pass 2 mandatory units.
|Unit no.||Unit title||Level||Hours*|
|Unit 1||Child development from conception to seven years||3||148|
|Unit 2||Children’s health and well-being||3||79|
Including job roles (where applicable)
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners will be able to progress onto the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education (601/3999/7) and then onto the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) (601/4000/8)
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners can progress into various unsupervised job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as (this list is not exhaustive):
- Early Years Educator
- practitioner in day nurseries
- practitioner in nursery schools
- practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
- pre-school worker
- home-based childcarer