London College of Professional Studies
Definitions and interpretations
a) Data: collectively all the information that you submit to London College of Professional Studies via this website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
b) Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of this website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below – (Cookies)
c) Data Protection Laws: Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive); GDPR – the General Date Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; Data Protection Act 1998
d) UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
e) London College of Professional Studies, we, us or our: London College of Professional Studies Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 10640986, whose registered office is at 7d Cranbrook House, 61 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 4PG.
f) Website: The website that you are currently using, https://www.lcps.org.uk/ and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a) the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c) a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d) “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e) reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For the purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, London College of Professional Studies is the “data controller”. This means that London College of Professional Studies determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
5. We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
b) contact Information such as address, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers;
c) financial information such as credit/debit card numbers.
How we collect data
6. London College of Professional Studies will collect your data in a number of ways, for example
a) when you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b) when you make payment to us through this website or otherwise
c) when you use our services.
Our use of data
7. We will retain any data you submit for but not limited to 24 months.
8. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties.
9. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
10. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a) internal record keeping;
b) improvement of our products / services;
c) transmission by e-mail of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d) contact for market research purposes which may be done using e-mail, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
Third party websites and services
11. London College of Professional Studies may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
Links to other websites
14. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
15. Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include, for example, the use of data for direct marketing purposes.
Functionality of the website
16. To use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your data:
a) the right of access – the right to request a copies of the information we hold about you at any time without charge; unless your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’.
b) the right to rectification – the right to have any information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c) the right to erasure – the right to request that we delete or remove your information from our system.
d) the right to restrict – the right block or restrict the way we use your data.
e) the right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your data.
f) the right to object – the right to object to our use of your data, including where we use it for legitimate reasons.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the use of your data (where consent is our legal basis for its use), please contact us at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org/
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complain to the relevant data protection authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
21. Data security is of great importance to London College of Professional Studies and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
25. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. This Website may place the following Cookies:
a) Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
b) Analytical / Performance cookies: they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
c) Functional cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you.
27. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
28. You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
29. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
32. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
33. This policy constitutes an agreement between London College of Professional Studies and the user and as such will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You Can Download the policy here: